Re: [squid-users] rproxy and statistics.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:08:15 +0200

Henk-Jan Kloosterman wrote:

> > You can also get a lot of interesting statistics by log processing.

> I think I must turn on the httpd loggin then?

For log processing you obviously need logs. The Squid's native log
format includes more performance information than the emulated "common"
format.

> > What kind of statistics do you want?

> Number of visitors per site,

Trivial log processing.

> must freq, visited page

Also trivial log processing

> were do users come from.
> What browser...

These two is a bit more troublesome as Squid does not include Referer or
User-Agent in any of it's standard log formats. You can get them by
enabling log_mime_hdrs, but it is then a quite complex task of
extracting them from the logs and your logs will also be considerably
larger than needed.

> Something like "webalizer" oid

webalizer knows about Squid...

Regards