Re: [squid-users] ldap + acl

From: <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:26:15 +0100

Squid does not yet have a good concept of groups.

If all you need to do is to exclude this group of people from using the
proxy at all then extending squid_ldap_auth to verify the group
membership before considering the login as valid isn't such a hard task
to do.

If this group of people still needs limited access to the proxy, then
the problem is a little bit harder to address. There is the external_acl
concept being developed to allow such problems to be addressed in a
common way. <http://devel.squid-cache.org/externa_acl/>

In both cases, some limited amount or programming is required.

The third alternative is to use the "Group LDAP authentication" patch.
See the squid-users archives for details.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker