Re: [squid-users] cygwin/squid DNS question

From: Alberto Brealey G. <beto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:25:20 -0600

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 07:35:43PM -0500, nick wrote:
> Alberto Brealey G. wrote:
> >
> >I'm guessing here, since I have not used cygwin, but doen't it have like a
> >/etc/resolv.conf where you can set up the DNS server information?
> >then squid should be able to use the system (cygwin) resolver.
> >
> Thanks for your reply. But I still think /etc/resolv.conf as "manual
> config". Or let me rephrase my question this way: why can't cygwin/squid
> pick up the DNS setting where IE gets it? I don't know where it is,
> could be in registry or something. In my case, the DNS is received as
> part of dhcp setting (the same way dhcpcd did I guess?).

yep, the thing is: squid is not running under win2k like IE is (well, not
really) squid is running under cygwin, and then it uses cygwin's resolver
(I'm guessing here). So maybe the question is why isn't cygwin getting the
information fron win2k, since it is running under win2k.

hope this helps you,

(btw, I'm subscribed to the list, you don't have to cc: me.)

--
Alberto Brealey
beto@inalambrica.net