[squid-users] Re: Which Squid version to use, status of the -hno patchset?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:26:07 +0200

You should use 2.4.STABLE6 or later.

Squid-2.2.STABLE5-hno was for a long time the best Squid version due
to various reasons, but nowdays Squid-2.4.STABLE6 is up to at least
the same quality if not better.

Almost all of the patches in my "hno" patchset has made it into
Squid-2.4, and the few who have not is only minor patches not really
needed (see my old "development" patch page for a detailed list).
Because of this and other major events the "hno" patchset is no
longer maintained. Any questions regarding these old patchsets will
most often be answered with "upgrade".

As I am nowdays one of the core Squid developers my efforts is better
spent on maintaining the main Squid version than the now stale "hno"
patchset.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB, Sweden