Re: [squid-users] --> Help with SQUID_LDAP_AUTH

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 23:18:53 +0200

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 21.19, Alex Carlos Braga Antão wrote:

> I can run squid_ldap_auth on the prompt, and it works, but the
> I put the same string on the squid.conf the squid cannot
> authenticate. I think the line is too big, or anithing else... I
> already tried putting " and anything else, but it did not work...
>
> Here is what I´m doing:
>
> /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b
> OU=MYOU,DC=domain,DC=subdomain,DC=br -D "CN=user,OU=Squid
> Cache,OU=FNDE,DC=fnde,DC=gov,DC=br" -w password -h
> myserver.domain.subdomain.br -f "(&(cn=%s)
> (memberOf=CN=internet,OU=Grupos,OU=MYOU,DC=domain,DC=subdomain,DC=b
>r))"

Should work in squid.conf "auth_param basic program ..." as well from
what I can tell.

If everything else fails, place the command line you have found to be
working in a small shell script wrapper

   #!/bin/sh
   /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b ....

and then call this shell script from squid.conf. Don't forget to make
the script executable and test it from the command line.

Regards
Henrik