[squid-users] WCCPv2 hash allotment

From: <Mark.H.Price@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:54:00 -0400

Hi group. I have recently setup 2 squid proxies with WCCPv2. I used the
patches
from http://squid.visolve.com/developments/wccpv2.htm with squid 2.5 stable3
and
Linux 2.4.20. My 2 squid caches successfully talk to my Cisco 2600 router.

A "show ip wccp web-cache view" shows both cache engines listed as visible.
The
"show ip wccp web-cache detail" lists both caches as usable, but only one
cache has
100% of the hash allotment. The other cache has 0% of the hash allotment.
All http
requests from behind the router are sent to the cache with 100% of the hash
allotment.

I would like for the two caches to be able to share the load they receive
which I presume
would be done by each of them having 50% of the hash allotment. Does anyone
know
how the hash allotment works?

I have tried searching on google and Cisco's website but haven't found any
real info
about how the hash allotment is supposed to work.

Has anyone else used more than one squid cache with a router in a WCCP
configuration?

thanks for any help or advice.

Mark