[squid-users] LDAP Authentication storage issue

From: Craig Sharp <Cashar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:27:35 -0500

Hi,

I am using LDAP to authenticate to Novell E-Dir with Squid for Internet access. It is working perfectly, however our management and users do not like the fact that when the browser is closed down and reopened, they have to authenticate again. They are whining because they do not want to have to type in their name when they open the browser several times a day.

I need a way to store the authentication so that they will remain authenticated and not be challenged by the Squid server when they open a new browser for a period of 4 hours. Yes I know that this is defeating the purpose of security and authentication, but this is my direction.

TIA,

Craig