Re: [squid-users] load balancing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:25:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Jeff Donovan wrote:

> I'm running a transparent cache with squid guard. My problem seems to
> be How do I split my traffic?

This you do in your router in case of transparently intercepting proxies..
If you are not using a TCP interception device capable of tracking
individual connections then this is most easily done by splitting the
destination IP address space among the caches. CARP does so automatically
for you.

> or how do i create a failover if one squid server becomes to busy?

best done by an external load balancer. Linux Virtual Server is a good
free one, highend routers & switches usually also have reasonable load
balancing functions built in.

Regards
Henrik