[squid-users] squid user on NT4

From: Jason Mirza <postmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:20:19 +0100

The proxy and cache appear to be functioning correctly but I have a problem.

I am using the NT version of the program. I have a number of users,
'squid', 'internet' and 'administrator' all of which belong to the
'squidusers' group. Administrator seems to be able to use the internet via
squid which is picking up requests and responding appropriately. However,
the 'internet' user cannot access the net at all. I cannot see why it is
not working. The log and cache directories allow 'everyone' full control,
the effective user group is 'squidusers' and the effective user is 'squid'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason Mirza

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and / or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and Cross & Wells Limited accepts no liability for changes made to this e-mail (and any attachments) after it was sent or for viruses arising as a result of this e-mail transmission.