Re: [squid-users] Adaptation of access.log

From: Jens Strohschnitter <suse-linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:18:48 +0200

> > I've got a problem with logging into access.log. An application accesses
> > to an internetside every millisecond to only the same side. So the access.log
> > will grow up one day to round about 400 MB. So my question, is it possible
> > to exclude logging for a hostaddress like (192.168.1.1) or just for a list
> > of domains (for example exclude logging to access.log for domains: www.xyz.net)?
>
> See the custom log formats patch at http://devel.squid-cache.org/
>
> > I'm using Squid Version 2.3.STABLE4-hno.CVS under SuSE Linux 7.2.
>
> Your REALLY should upgrade that one.. My Squid-2.3 snapshot releases never
> was intended for production <url:http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/>, and
> there has been several critical security issues discovered since
> Squid-2.3 <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Advisories/> not to mention a
> huge number of bug fixes
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/>
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.4/bugs/>
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/>

Hi,

ehm it seems to be a little bit difficult to upgrade Squid 2.3 to 2.5
under our SuSE Linux 7.2. We have round about 120 servers running SuSE
7.2 with Squid 2.3 and for this distribution does not exist any rpm-file
for squid higher than 2.3. I've tried to compile the sources of 2.5 but
squid will crash after a client makes a connect to it.
I started squid with squid -sYD and ps ax showes that it is running.
But after a connect from a client, the process crashes without any
logoutput.
Is there no chance to create a custom logformat with squid 2.3 ?

--
Regards,
     Jens Strohschnitter

* http://www.jens-strohschnitter.de *