[squid-users] reverse proxy to improve HTTP responses?

From: Laurian Gridinoc <laurian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:36:41 +0000

Hello,

I wonder if squid in reverse proxy mode (probably with cache turned
on) can improve the metadata that the web server is delivering:

If my web server delivers only content-type and expires, no
content-length or Etag; may squid add for a cached response the
content-length so the client may pipeline data with the reverse proxy?
may squid respond with 304 Not Modified if it is the case? may squid
upgrade the communication to HTTP/1.1?

Thank you,

--
Laurian Gridinoc