Re: [squid-users] about cache dirs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:13:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, galle wrote:

> I am running three instances because i have many different groups of users
> and
> a combination of delay-pools, acls, reporting and snmp monitoring for that
> users is very complex
> with only one instance, besides, it would be hard to keep up to date some
> acls in order to use only one instance.

The reporting and snmp monitoring I buy, but the acls, delay-pools etc is
not a reason to run more than one instance.

The reporting can be fixed by using the custom log formats which among
other things allows Squid to automatically split the access log based on
acls, allowing for example each http_port to have it's own access.log.

SNMP monitoring is global per instance and not much to do about if you
need this split per user population.

Regards
Henrik