[squid-users] Squid not displaying html files correctly

From: Shannon Doyle <shannon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:43:07 +0930

Hi people,

I have squid running on my mandrake 10.2 machine and am experiencing what
can only be described as a frustraiting situation.

All .htm and .html files that are being retrieved off local servers are not
being displayed by squid. They are either returing an error (in the case of
index files) or are showing the code of the page and not the actual page
itself. External sites are displayed without errors.

I have tested these sites from outside the network and they are being
displayed correctly so can rule out the webserver. Also, if the client
machines access the web directly they are displayed correctly.

The squid server is set to transparently proxy the clients. Version of squid
is 2.5.Stable6

Any help would be appreciated.