[squid-users] Does Squid support ICAP/1.0 201 Created ?

From: m k <glassomilkman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:28:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
     I'm running Squid 2.5.STABLE10 w/ icap-2.5.patch.
 I've been using symantec scan engine 4.3 (works fine)
and recently started testing of SSE 5.0. In 4.3 (and
5.0 running in backward compatiblity mode) I use this
in squid.conf

icap_service response respmod_precache 0
icap://127.0.0.1:1344/avscanresp

and blocked content results in the following response
being sent from SSE to Squid:

ICAP/1.0 200 OK
{icap headers}
{response headers}
{response body}

which Squid handles fine and has been running fine for
a while so all is good with this.

However, SSE 5.0 includes new features of URL
filtering and DDR which uses the following in
squid.conf

icap_service response respmod_precache 0
icap://127.0.0.1:1344/symcscanresp-av-ddr

and blocked content results in the following response
being sent from SSE to Squid:

ICAP/1.0 201 Created
{icap headers}
{response headers}
{response body}

Squid does not seem to handle this "ICAP/1.0 201
Created". Everything else about the responses are
identical, only this first line differs. I've checked
the ICAP RFC and this appears to be a valid ICAP
response. What is happening is SSE is generating a
blocked page and that is what should be returned to
the user instead of the blocked content. I also
looked at the icap-2.5.patch and it does contain
"ICAP_CREATED = 201" in the icap_status typedef which
also makes me believe that this is a valid return
code. Is this a known issue that Squid w/ ICAP
support does not support this? If not a known issue
how should I pursue this?

Thanks in advance, -Matt