[squid-users] How to accelerate multiple sites on different ports with one IP

From: Laurikainen, Tuukka <t.laurikainen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:26:47 +0200

Hi all,

How could I accelerate (using Squid 3) multiple sites on a single server
running on different ports but a single IP address? For example, if I
have a server which serves web pages on ports 80 and 81, I'd need two
cache_peer directives for the same IP address, which doesn't seem to be
possible.

Again, I could run separate instances of Squid as a workaround for the
problem, but then together with the instances I need for rewriting or
not the host header (see my previous post
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200507/0588.html) I
could end up running quite a number of separate instances (there are
tens of sites behind the proxy with varying configuration). The problem
here obviously is that if I run a lot of instances I need various
separate configurations and caches and the administration of such system
gets much more complicated.

Kind regards,

Tuukka