Re: [squid-users] Squid sizing for url filtering and lots of users

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:00:56 +0100

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 18:34 +0100, Mark Elsen wrote:
> I have never uses loadbalancing so I can't advise

I have.

For that kind of load I highly advise that you do use it. It changes the
requirements from one (very) high-end box to two mid-end boxes.
As for balancers, there's a few options you can use:
- a specially-crafted proxy autoconfiguration file
- one (two for extreme high-availability) low-to-mid-end boxes running
Linux Virtual Server
- an hardware load balancer (high-performance but expensive)

There's some hints in the Squid FAQ, I'll try to add more as soon as I
can.

        Kinkie