Re: [squid-users] stable12 segfault

From: Mike Rambo <mrambo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:44:17 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tis 2006-02-28 klockan 21:10 +0100 skrev Mark Elsen:
>
>>On 2/28/06, Mike Rambo <mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>>
>>>We rebuilt our squid servers in late January using STABLE12 with all the
>>>patches available at the time (the first six of those currently listed).
>>>
>>>We have periodically (twice in the first week after rebuild and twice in
>>>the three weeks since then) been having squid die with a segfault like
>>>the following.
>>>

>> Perhaps (?) :
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE12-empty_proxy_auth_acl
>>
>>It's not likely.
>

> Not likely at all. That bug fires immediately if your config is hit by
> it. Not randomly after some time.
>
> A more important answer is
>
> Squid FAQ 11.19 Sending in Squid bug reports
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.19>
>

> A stack trace is required to analyze this problem.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Bummer. No core file. Hmm, we're running Linux (CentOS 4.2) but diskd
instead of aufs for the cache_dir, debugging symbols are there, I guess
it's because squid didn't have write permission to its 'current
directory' as listed in the logs at startup. I've corrected that. If
this happens again I'll follow the instructions and file the report.

Thanks

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us