Re: [squid-users] acl for always_direct

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:01:42 +0100

> Im sorry Mark I dont quite understand. Do I need to add something on each
> browsers workstation for this?

 Anything that enters SQUID, must be handled by SQUID, well the
caching part(s) of the http protocol, doesn't have a an ability
which could be named as in HTTP_REFUSE, (a cache telling to
the browser, 'do it yourself').

For transparant proxying setups , it could be solved by including
an exception list on the intercepting device, so for those sites,
the request is not re-directed to squid.
But transp. proxying has many drawbacks too.

Anyway, the site can't hold on to the not caching compatible
 argument on the long
run, on the modern Internet, bluecoat, SQUID ,..., get implemented everywhere.

By books then, at the other-thousand sites which do work, with caches and thus
adhere to http standards.

M.