[squid-users] redirection and/or header manipulation

From: Frans Haarman <franshaarman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:09:51 +0100

Dear List,

I am trying to setup squid as a reverse proxy. It all works great. I
am now trying
to get SSL working in several setups.

Searching the mailinglists I have several options to do SSL
acceleration/Offloading.

1. Some applications will change the URLs they return if certain
headers are availible in the request. I was wondering
if there is a method/program to add headers to request going to the
accelerator hosts!

2. I am also struggeling with Redirects. I tried setting up a simpel
redirect program which redirects
http:// requests to https:// requests. It does not seem to work
properly.... I was wondering how
others have done this...

3. Setting up the whole SSL session takes alot more time then normal
HTTP requests. Might this be because
I am using a 'self signed' certificate ? Any other pointers for
getting this faster ?

Gr. FH