RE: [squid-users] Hotmail login issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:10:02 +0100

tor 2006-03-16 klockan 10:16 -0500 skrev Shoebottom, Bryan:

> Thanks for the info, but I don't understand why this would be an
> intermittent issue? How come sometimes a client can login to hotmail,
> and other times it can't.

Can be many reasons.

What does the replies from hotmail look like for the troublesome
clients?

Any hints if looking at the traffic with tcpdump?

> I've had a couple client point directly to the cache and so far they
> haven't had any problems. They are point to port 80 and are going
> through the iptables redirect rule. With this information, it would
> seem that the error lies around the GRE/WCCP portion of the setup.
> Could it be possible that WCCP is causing these errors?

WCCP (and transparent interception in general) is a hack, violating
fundamentals of TCP/IP, and as such do cause problems, but usually not
this kind of problems..

Regards
Henrik