Re: [squid-users] New to Squid and Linux

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:17:23 +0200

tor 2006-08-03 klockan 22:03 +0100 skrev Brian Gregory:

> > No, I really meant SSH. I'm using Putty from work to my home linux box.
> >
> > Michael
>
> In what way do you believe that squid might be involved with this process.

He is trying to set up a port forward of the Squid port via SSH,
allowing him to connect to the Squid proxy port over SSH as he can't (or
won't) connect to it directly from his station.

Nothing strange, just a bit odd, but perfectly normal use of SSH the
swiss army knife of networking.

Regards
Henrik