[squid-users] cache.log: many TCP Connection failed after update to squid 2.6stable2

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:02:50 +0200

we use a squid hierachy in our intranet.

        user-proxy -> main-proxy -> dmz-proxy -> internet

after upgrading our "main-proxy" to squid 2.6stable2 (from squid
2.5stable2) we see a lot of
"TCP connection to dmz-proxy failed" messages in our cache.log.

i now also updated the dmz-proxy to squid 2.6stable2 but the messages
still appear in cache.log.
as soon as i use the old 2.5er squid the messages disappear.

i have to admit that our dmz-proxy is under "heavy" load, squid uses a
lot of cpu (up to 100%),
but uptime only reports a (recent) load of

        load average: 0.11, 0.14, 0.24

but messages still appear.

does anybody have an idea where to look further?
is squid 2.6 so much "faster" than 2.5? i wonder why the messages
disappear when using squid 2.5,
maybe a slight different TCP-handling between the versions? i have hoped
that the messages will disappear as soon all the squids in the chain are
the same version.

access.log seems to look ok, when the TCP connection is reported.

on dmz-proxy no logs no hints no nothing

thanxs

markus