[squid-users] Blocking Orkut (https problem)

From: Palula Brasil <palula@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:23:28 -0200

Hi everybody!

I'm having some problems and would like to know if it is possible to block
Orkut connections using https?

This is what's happening. Orkut is being blocked during the working hours,
but it can be bypassed using the https procedure. When connecting to Orkut,
squid blocks the site. But by changing the URL, http://www.orkut.com to
https://www.orkut.com, users are being able to access the site.

My question is? Is there a way to block this procedure, If we can block
connections from either port 80 or port 443 (I think) this problem would be
resolved right?

Thank you.