Re: [squid-users] centos 4.4, wccpv2, cisco 3550 switch

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:28:14 +0800

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007, Jon Christensen wrote:

> OK, I made a big mistake. I forgot to create a static on our firewall
> so traffic from squid could get to the router. I have all of IP open
> by the way. I am a bit closer:

Is the Squid cache directly connected to the 3550? The 3550 only supports
L2 redirection which implies the Cache(s) are directly connected via an L2
link (ie, ethernet.) It won't work if the caches are on the other side of
an IP firewall.

> SRA#sh ip wccp
> Global WCCP information:
> Router information:
> Router Identifier: 192.168.254.254
> Protocol Version: 2.0
>
> Service Identifier: web-cache
> Number of Cache Engines: 0

This here is your first problem. Note how there's no cache engines.
The rest of the counters won't matter - the 3550 has a known issue
updating (or, more clearly, -not- updating) the WCCPv2 packet
statistica.

Do the debugging stuff I suggested before to see why the router isn't
allowing the cache to associate.

Adrian

> Number of routers: 0
> Total Packets Redirected: 0
> Redirect access-list: -none-
> Total Packets Denied Redirect: 0
> Total Packets Unassigned: 0
> Group access-list: -none-
> Total Messages Denied to Group: 0
> Total Authentication failures: 0
> Total Bypassed Packets Received: 0
>

> Still not redirecting packets correctly though.

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -