Re: [squid-users] Central Management

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:35:22 +0100

Hi Vernon,

On Saturday 17 February 2007 16:34, Vernon A. Fort wrote:
> I'm trying to find a simple way to distribute my acl dstdom_regex
> files to 4 squid servers. When the ACL file changes, do I need to
> -reconfigure or -reload squid to activate the changes. I'm assuming
> yes but I cannot find anything stating this to be true. Also, should
> the acl use a -i in the regex line to do a case-insensitive match
> meaning I want to match any combination of BadDomaN.COM.

First, put your domain names in a separate file and use something like
this in squid.conf (if you haven't done so already):

acl baddomains dstdom_regex -i "/etc/squid/baddomains"

Then copy this file to your four Squid servers. If you are working on
Unix/Linux/*BSD, scp would be the tool of choice for that. After this,
reload each of the Squids. To make it even easier, I would write a
small script which does all this.

For case-insensitive matches you need to use the "-i" option.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services, peter.albrecht@novell.com