[squid-users] New (beta) website!

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:03:30 +0800

Hi everyone,

The Squid team has been working on a replacement website for the Squid project.
The first stage is almost complete - the only thing missing from the current
website is the downloads section which should be completed shortly.

It can be found at http://new.squid-cache.org/ .

We'd appreciate any and all feedback you may have.

As this is a volunteer project things take their time but we're slowly getting
there.

Now, this website is an almost verbatim copy of the current content into the new
template format. I've got some plans for additional content once this site has
been made live and the bugs are ironed out but, as always, we appreciate
any suggestions you may have.

(For those of you who are technically inclined - its all checked into Squid CVS
in the module 'www2'. Its a simple PHP template assembly setup which I'm aiming
to add in caching primitives to once the site has been deployed. This does mean
you're able to submit changes to the website by giving us a CVS patch. :P)

I'd like to call attention to the "How to help out" section:

http://new.squid-cache.org/Intro/helping.html

The Squid project is run by volunteers. Most of the active developers
work on fixing Squid bugs and improving Squid in our spare time. We'd love to
hear from you if you'd like to help us out in any way - this can be (as the
web page says) being a tester for beta code, helping us write articles and
examples on caching technologies in general, participating in development and
donating to the project via PayPal. Even $10 or $20 will help. Don't be afraid
to donate!

Now, onto serious matters. I'm thinking of putting up some Squid merchandise for
sale through one of the various online market places. All proceeds from the
merchandise would go to the project. I'm currently leaning towards
Cafepress. I'd love to hear positive/negative feedback for this idea and any
suggestions you all have for Squid "kit". I'm thinking T-Shirts, Mugs and
Squid stickers to start with. Thoughts?

Thankyou,

Adrian Chadd
(Volunteer, The Squid-cache project.)