[squid-users] Question ICAP-client

From: Stefan Bischof <stefan.bischof@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:37:55 +0100

Hello,

I have a question regarding the ICAP-client of Squid (3.0PRE5 and following), I hope this is the right place to ask:

Currently I am writing an ICAP-server. What I need now is the authenticated username. The rest of the message describes my tries to get this working and my question.

First I implemented http://www.i-cap.org/spec/draft-stecher-icap-subid-00.txt by sending
in my OPTIONS response. (I don't know if this draft is really implemented, but after a little googlin, I tought so ... Please tell me whether it is implemented in the actual 3.0 or not.) Squid didn't send me the desired header field (X-Authenticated-User) in the next requests.

Any mistake by me so far?

OK, after that i enabled icap_send_client_username in squid.conf (The only thing I need is in fact the username, I don't care about auth-schemes). This worked at least for REQMOD requests. But in RESPMOD requests the username is still missing.

So my big question is:
What can I do (or what is the right way) to get the username in REQMOD AND IN RESPMOD requests?

I am curious about your answers!

best regards
Stefan Bischof