[squid-users] Can squid 2.6 STABLE 16 in accelerator mode, run on only one interface ?

From: Raemaekers Mark <markraem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:38:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi squid-users,

I am wondering if it possible to run squid on a
machine having only one ethernet interface.

This means that both the requests coming from http
clients and request going to originserver acutally go
over one and the same ethernet interface.

In addition , can the IP address of the originserver
and the IP address of the interface where squid is
listening on, can be in the same subnet, or do I need
to create secondary IP address for the squid <-->
originserver traffic ?

I am very reluctant to go for this setup since I
expect a lot of performance issues.
Do you agree with me ? Is there any estimate with
respect to performance loss ?

What is your opinion about this ?

thanks in advance.

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html