[squid-users] Squid/heartbeat/pam_auth => login problem

From: `VL <vl.homutov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:39:10 +0300

Hello.
Recently i setup backup server with heartbeat for my proxy.
Squid setup is very simple, it uses pam_auth for user authorisation
and http authentication. Works fine.

Backup server is exact copy of primary ,except some system config files.
 Both systems are Debian 4.0/squid 2.6.5-6. Squid cache/logs are on DRBD disk.

Squid on primary server works just fine - users successfully login and
access internet.

When i move resources to backup node, squid starts ok, listens for connection
 and users are prompted for password when they try to access internet. But
proxy doesn`t allow them to do it - it keeps asking password.

I don`t understand what`s going on: config is the same, binaries are the same,
 client restarted browser.

Maybe there are some things i don`t understand about how squid
authenticates users?
Which logs should i watch and what should i see there to understand
where the problem is?

P.S. When i switch back to primary node - all works OK.