Re: [squid-users] strtocFile WARNING: empty ACL

From: adrian.wells <adrian.wells@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:10:17 -0000

> adrian.wells wrote:
>> SQUID 2.5 stable12
>
> Please try a later version of squid.
Will do once sorted ;-)

>> Have just built a SuSE linux box and installed squid, as I have done many
>> times, copied the conf and ACL text files from a running proxy and get
>> the following list of errors for each ...
>>
>> 2008/02/19 10:27:42| strtokFile: /etc/squid/etc/girls.txt
>> 2008/02/19 10:27:42| aclParseAclLine: WARNING: empty ACL:
>> auid/etc/girls.txt"
>
> I'm thinking at first glance that "auid" might be a problem.
> It's usually a sign of non-ascii characters cut-n-pasted into the
> squid.conf text.
At this stage I've only removed a few unrequired ACL's, not edited the text
in any way.
While waiting for a reply, I've started rebuilding the box from scratch as
it only takes a few minutes.
I will check the text for anomalies in the meantime - thanks ;-)

P.S I've lost the original thread, but would like to thank you for helping
with a previous problem, you suggested that the ISP might be block ports,
they were! 3128! - I have tried 3129 and it works fine, are there any
recommended ports to use with squid other than 80 or 8080?

Regards

Adrian