Re: [squid-users] squid-3 make

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:01:55 -0600

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 07:27 +0200, Florian wrote:
> Robert Collins schrieb:
> > The log you included shows your compiler has crashed. You should submit
> > a bug report to gcc.
> >
> > -Rob
> >
> Thanks for the hint. I will submit the log to them, but i'm in doubt, if
> they can help, beause the compiler (gcc 3.4) works well with all
> sources, including squid-3.0.STABLE4. It just crashes, when compiling
> this special squid sources.
>
> Another compiler (gcc 4.1.1) crashes too when compiling the squid-3.1
> sources.
>
> Where is my mistake?

You did not make a mistake. GCC folks did: Something in the development
Squid sources crashes GCC in your environment.

FWIW, I cannot reproduce it. I would recommend:

1) File a bug report with GCC if GCC4 crashes. We cannot fix GCC.
2) File a bug report with Squid stating that you understand that it is
not a Squid bug but kindly asking for a workaround.
3a) Either give me (or somebody else with enough Squid knowledge)
temporary access to the box you build Squid on. We should be able to
work around the GCC bug.
3b) Or wait for somebody else to reproduce and fix the problem.

HTH,

Alex.