[squid-users] Firewalling the Proxy

From: Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 03:13:33 +0600

Hi,

I was checking the requests to and from my proxy servers, and I noticed
that, while most src-port were TCP 80, 53, 443, some were very high TCP
ports. These high port packets would usually also be accompanied by an ICMP
request. Is this normal web server behaviour? In my firewall, accepting
src-port of TCP 80, 53, 443, or UDP 53, and ICMP, can I block all else
directed toward my proxy server?

Thx in advance for your comments / suggestions.

Regards
HASSAN