Re: [squid-users] Volume Based Weighting Round Robin

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:02:25 +1300

Lazuardi Nasution wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can we do traffic volume based weighting on parents round robin ? If not,
> I want to suggest it beside the connection numbers based weighting. It can
> help us to do real load balancing of different connections which have
> different bandwidth profiles.
>
> Best regards,

Nice idea. Possible, but not possible to do reliably.

Deciding which of several sources to use beforehand is impossible due to
missing data.

Deciding based on past history still encounters the problem of a single
unknown-size large download unbalancing the weights for an indefinite time.

If you want to write or sponsor the feature anyway. Please let squid-dev
mailing list know.

Amos

--
Please be using