Re: [squid-users] Yet another IMAP support request

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:49:09 +0200

On 06.04.10 14:38, Sabyasachi Ruj wrote:
> Because of the same reason why FileZilla, Skype, or many such software
> need it. We are writing a software which connects to mailbox using
> IMAP. And many users have reported that they can connect to Internet
> only using a proxy. Most of them are using "squid".

So you actually do NOT need squid to support IMAP. What you want is your
IMAP client to be able to use HTTP proxy through CONNECT requests, also
known as tunnelling through HTTP proxy.

That is what all the software mentioned above does. Squid does NOT support
anything but HTTP(s) on server side.

There's no need for IMAP support in squid because that has nothing to do
with IMAP, that's just tunnelling.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors