Re: [squid-users] helpers and external acl

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 01:42:29 +0000

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:25:41 -0300, Proyecto ControlAcceso
<proyectosquid_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everybody!
>
> I have a question about external acl. I'm trying to write a program
> that manage requests to a video server. To achieve that i'm thinking
> in filtering requests depending on which content the user want to
> reach and then decide based on the name of the user and the
> hostname(i.e: John and www.video.com/Avatar)
> i believe that squid's external acl is a very good option so i write
> a helper to decide whether accept or deny the incoming request
> The problem is that i can't find the way for squid to pass the url to
> the helper as an argument.
> In "the definitive guide" says that you can pass %SRC (the source ip)
> and %DST but doesn't say anything about url.
> Can anyone help me with this??
> please!!Thanks!
> Victoria

The definitive guide is starting to age now. It is noticeable in these
finer details.

Please use the online config manual to double-check the available options:
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

 What you are after is %URI. Available in 2.7, 3.0 and later

Amos