Re: [squid-users] Squid-Cache-Error with NTLM: "got NTLMSSP command 3, expected 1"

From: Tom Tux <tomtux80_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:07:20 +0200

Hi

If I want to realise a promptless (SSO) login with squid, do I have
- to use ntlm as a auth_param? Or is plain kerberos also possible?
- to configure the "smb.conf" and start the winbind-daemon?
- to join the squid-server to the ad-domain? If yes, is it necessary
to take winbind for this step?

Are the kerberos-tickets persistent, or do I have to renew them
periodically? While creating a keytab-file, I have to enter an
domain-admin-account. I think, that this account appears in the
keytab-file. What happens, if this account will locked out? Is then
the squid-access denied?

I read a lot documents with ntlm/kerberos. But I don't understand, why
I need to have winbind AND kerberos configured. A lot of examples
describes the auth_param with ntlm instead (my opinion) with kerberos.

Can someone help me with this? Are there some other examples, which
describes a promptless login (SSO) with plain kerberos?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Tom