Re: [squid-users] QUESTION ABOUT CHOICE BETWEEN SQUID 2.7 or 3.1.8

From: c0re <nr1c0re_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:53:01 +0400

I have the opposite opinion with experience of using c-icap on
freebsd. It was unstable and was almost not possible to debug
problems. And I moved to squidclamav. I'm using 3.1.8 squid.
It was about 4-5 month later, squid sometimes lose connection to
c-icap, while c-icap was ok, icapclient says that c-icap working, but
squid show error "icap timeout" or something like this. Only
restarting c-icap AND squid solves that problem for some time. Than it
happen again. I was tired of looking for problem in unreadable c-icap
debug and no messages at all in squid logs about icap, just timeout,
so I moved to squidclamav and it works pretty good!