[squid-users] Proxy for youtube - noncaching

From: Scott Oyer <scott_at_ftcomp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:37:45 -0600 (CST)

Squid noob here. Our company offers video hosting for school districts.
As you might know, most school districts block youtube from their
internal users. Our customers have the ability to upload approved links
from youtube for their internal users. Since they block youtube the user
can load the page on our site with the link, but when they click the
play button the actual stream is blocked because it then reverts to
youtube for the content.

Is there a way to configure squid to pass the "proxy" content so it
looks to the filter that it is coming from our site even though the
stream is actually coming from youtube?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help with this.
Scott