[squid-users] Fixed Auth for cache_peer for anonymous ssrs

From: Bleiker Gregory <Gregory.Bleiker_at_isource.ch>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:36:10 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to set up squid so I can use it with MS Reporting Server
(SSRS). The ssrs site has ms windows authentication (NTLM) enabled, as
some reports need to be protected. Some however are "public". For these
it is still required to log in. I would like to configure squid in such
a way that if you call the ssrs site over squid (with the squid port
number in the url) then it should always use some fixed credentials for
the backend which I would specify in the squid.conf.

I have tried to do this with

cache_peer myssrs.mydomain.local parent 80 3120 no-query originserver
name=3DmyAccel login=3Dmyuser_at_mydomain:mypassword

but the user is still always asked to give his credentials.

Is it possible to configure squid so that no username is asked and that
the backend is always presented some fixed credentials?

Thank you for any help

Greg