Re: [squid-users] dynamic url based proxy redirect

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:36:02 +1200

On 23/07/11 07:53, Renjith T wrote:
> For a particular use case of ours - we are looking a scenario, where if
> the url matches a particular pattern
> http://myproxy.mysite.com/a/<rest_of_uri> , we would like to route the
> traffic to a given set of proxies behind the scenes, (and similarly, a
> different set of proxies for a different site pattern as well).
>
> Let me know if / how that is possible, in terms of squid conf. to begin
> with. Thanks !

Yes. Details on configuring a cache hierarchy are here:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CacheHierarchy

You need to add to that cache_peer_access and an ACL to do the URL test
and decide which peers the request may go to. It is easiest is the "site
pattern" as you call it is separated by sub-domains. dstdomain ACL type
is faster than url_regex which would include that /a/ piece.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9