Re: [squid-users] Accelerating proxy not matching cgi files

From: Mateusz Buc <majster.blaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:59:28 +0200

2011/8/25 Mateusz Buc <majster.blaster_at_gmail.com>:

> However, I still can't make these URLs/images cached on my squid. Is
> there any chance they can be served directly from squid cache when
> they do not change? Right now I have reduced network bandwidth
> obviously, but not sure about CPU load - it still takes almost the
> same time to load URL (about 8 seconds).

Ok, I've quite figured it out. The solution was to add 'ignore-cc' to
http_port option. Right now I'm getting TCP_IMS_HIT/304 statuses with
gen.cgi requests.

However, I'm still fighting with caching index.cgi. It haven't
modified its code yet, so it doesn't send any caching headers. I've
managed to cache it via refresh_pattern like this:

refresh_pattern -i index\.cgi 10 20% 60 refresh-ims

Then it caches brilliantly, but I'm lacking on content freshness. The
perfect solution would be to cache it for one minute time - no matter
to anything else (because that's the frequency this site changes its
contents).

Could you give me some tips how to do that? Unfortunatelty setting
'min' to 1 and max to '1' in refresh_pattern doesn't work, as well as
any other similar configuration... Squid starts to cache index.cgi
only if it has value like '10' or higher in 'min' refresh_pattern
field.

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Mateusz Buc

--
[ Mateusz 'Blaster' Buc :: blaster@grex.org :: http://blast3r.info ]
[ There's no place like 127.0.0.1. :: +48 724676983 :: GG: 2937287 ]