[squid-users] ntlm/kerberos alternative with netware

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:43:59 +0200

Hi,
For our windows computers we run a mostly AD environment except for
one faculty that is using Novell NetWare, for all other locations we
have switched to NTLM authentication (and are hoping to 'upgrade' that
to krb5 soon), non domain computers can also work in this setup just
that they are generally confronted with several authentication dialogs
on browser start.

As far as I can tell this is due to the browser instantly firing of
several requests and getting back a 407 on each and displaying a
password dialog for each 407.

Either way since we have some trust issues vis-a-vis the NetWare
'domain' it might be a good idea if the users from there are
automatically authenticated and don't enter their general passwords
(the usernames are the same), so I am trying to find out if there is
some secure kerberos like method that works with NetWare.

Thanks,
Eli