Re: [squid-users] Squid server on Amazon EC2

From: Sebastian Muniz <basurerosebita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:07:41 -0300

On 2/22/2012 10:23 AM, Ananthnag Bonthala. R. wrote:
> Dear Squid users,
>
> I want your experts solution for having squid proxy server configured in the
> cloud.
>
> What I am planning to do is :
>
> ---[LAN]-----[local_squid_proxy]----{internet cloud}---------[squid proxy in
> cloud Amazon EC2 ]
>
> what I want to setup is configure my local squid proxy with cache_peer
> pointing to my squid proxy server in Amazon EC2 cloud.
> cache_peer proxy.amazonec2.com parent 3128 3130 default
>
> so that all my http request are forwarded from my local squid_proxy to the
> proxyserver in the cloud.
>
> Can anyone suggest me if above situation workable.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Hello Bonthala:
Please do not reuse other emails changing subject; people that use
threads will have their email broken. And if you do, the least is to
remove the other people text.
It looks your setup is correct. You might want to add some ACLs if you
have local lan content to be accessed instead of using the remote proxy.

Regards
Sebastian