Re: [squid-users] Squid and unsupported request protocols

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:38:33 -0200

     If your SSH client can use a HTTPS proxy, than it will probably
work without major changes, as connections will be proxied as CONNECT
ones. In the case of CONNECT method, squid already works almost as a
passthrough proxy.

     If your SSH client cannot use a HTTPS proxy, than probably you wont
be able to do that simply because squid cannot handle with SSH protocol.

     Please note that 'i want to pass all traffic through squid' is
simply the wrong way. Squid is NOT a multi-purpose proxy, it's a
HTTP/HTTPS proxy and, as an HTTPS proxy, can deal with CONNECT
connections which can be used to tunnel some other traffics. This
possibility of dealing with 'other traffics' is VERY different from
imaging it can deal ANY traffic.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues