AW: [squid-users] TIMEOUT_DIRECT after enabling siblings

From: Grooz, Marc \(regio iT\) <Marc.Grooz_at_regioit.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:13:06 +0000

I use Squid 3.1.19. I have four squid boxes. All of them got direct Internet Access. To share the diskcache of each Proxy, I configure them as siblings to each other.

On Squid A:

cache_peer B sibling 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer C sibling 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer D sibling 8080 3130 proxy-only

and of course I configure a cache_peer_access rule to prevent a request loop.

For cache access I use icp.

After I configure the cache_peer I got the error messages with timeout_direct to random destinations.