Re: [squid-users] Re: Cache Windows Updates ONLY

From: Nick Hill <nick_at_nickhill.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:04:25 +0100

Hi Ellezer

I have re-compiled squid 4.3 along with the storeid_file_rewrite.
(Maybe largefile should be a default config directive!)

I added the following to squid.conf
store_id_program /usr/local/squid/libexec/storeid_file_rewrite
/etc/squid3/storeid_rewrite
store_id_children 40 startup=10 idle=5 concurrency=0
store_id_access allow windowsupdate
store_id_access deny all

My /etc/squid3/storeid_rewrite
^http:\/\/.+?\.ws\.microsoft\.com\/.+?_([0-9a-z]{40})\.(cab|exe|ms[i|u|f]|asf|wm[v|a]|dat|zip|psf|appx)
   http://wupdate.squid.local/$1
^http:\/\/.+?\.windowsupdate\.com\/.+?_([0-9a-z]{40})\.(cab|exe|ms[i|u|f]|asf|wm[v|a]|dat|zip|psf|appx)
   http://wupdate.squid.local/$1

echo "http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/common/2014/04/11935736_1ad4d6ce4701a9a52715213f48c337a1b4121dff.cab"
| /usr/local/squid/libexec/storeid_file_rewrite
/etc/squid3/storeid_rewrite
OK store-id=http://wupdate.squid.local/1ad4d6ce4701a9a52715213f48c337a1b4121dff

Still need to check it works OK.