[squid-users] Re: how to implement access control using connetcing hostname and port

From: freefall12 <freefallbenson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:02:05 -0700 (PDT)

No, that's not how this proxying service work. You have to enter the correct
combination of hostname and port number to get access. Everytime i use a new
account to try their service, i get a new proxy address
(eg,3121212.proxy.com) and a port number(in the range of 30000). it's not
the listening port. i used their service on my phone, and all i have to do
is to enter the proxy address and port number in network setting in my
android phone,then almost all internet traffic are routed through the proxy.
no authentication windows pops up when i browser the internet.

  when i goes to a incorrect domain, the squid standard error page will
display, and that's when i know they are using squid. I'm not sure if there
are other software involved in this.