Re: [squid-users] Monitoring bandwidth usage: good and bad news

From: <fernando_at_lozano.eti.br>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:25:50 -0300

Hi Eliezer,

> What would expect from this monitoring tool to do?

Per-user and per-host bandwidth monitoring for both upload and
download.

When using access log parsers like sarg and calamaris we get only
download bandwidth. It's easy to configure them to generate a parallel
set of upload reports from a parallel "access.log" that switches %<st to
%>st but it looks like squid wont log upload sizes for CONNECT requests,
so the big badwidth eaters like google drive won't show any upload
traffic.

 From "squidclient mgr:utilization" I could get only agregate upload and
download bandwidth. Not per user or per host.

And of course I'd like to find something ready to use instead of
hacking my own scripts to query squid, generate logs and plot graphics.
;-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano