squid on AIX with two Ethernets

From: Gergely Olah <golah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:27:54 +0200

Dear All,

I am running an older build of squid (1.1.13, if I remember correctly) on AIX
4.1.5 on PowerPC 604, and it was working for me pretty well. Now I had to add a
second Ethernet card to the system (to cut our network apart), and I am also
celaning up the stuff a bit. I would have a bunch of (somewhat squid-related)
questions:

1., I used to start squid directly from inittab, with respawn. Is it correct, or
should I do it differently. (To have the nicest solution.)

2., I have to do no -o ipforwarding=1 to connect the two subnets. Which init
file is the most appropriate place to put it in? (inittab? rc.net? rc.tcpip?)

3., I had an acl line telling squid who can get access to it. (Basicly it was
the whole network.) Should I have to separate acl lines for the two subnets, or
can I just use one supernet?

4., Do I actually have to tell squid that it has two ethernet cards? If yes,
how?

Thanks a lot for all your efforts,
Best Regards

Gergely Olah