What's the difference between ident & proxy_auth !?

From: Petr Procenko <petr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:18:03 +0300

Hello Squid-users,

  Thank's for your's recommendation, I've applied the patch from
  http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/

  But I don`t get what I needed. I have about 250 users and a not very
  big leased line and I'd like to create some group's of users, which
  should gain access to the Internet in different time period's
  In squid 1.1beta22 I could do this:

  acl BadTime time 8:00-12:00
  acl GoodTime time 12:00-20:00

  acl good_guys user one,two,three
  acl bad_guys user four,six,seven
  acl very_bad_guys user very_very_bad

  http_access allow good_guys GoodTime
  http_access allow bad_guys BadTime
  http_access deny very_bad_guys

  I've tried with proxy_auth, but I can create only one group %(
  The second thing I couldn't understand,what meaning the acl ident
  have.

  If someone did it, please, send me your's squid.conf

Best regards,
 Petr mailto:petr@appleclub.donpac.ru